9.1.13

cool life

My life these couple of weeks has actually been pretty awesome. I visited Bordeaux, bought cashmere clothing, got invited to Paris and I've eaten at delicious restaurants and cafés.

I was in Bordeaucx with my host sister (my age, you know... the one) and her friend, Margaux. 
Bordeaux is beautiful and vibrant. The girls only wanted to visit the stores that were in Limoges as well (WHY?) and of course - I didn't want to. Let's experience something that is not in Limoges, that's the whole reason we came here, isn't it? 
I was still third-wheeling along and yes, that does bug me. But now I don't let it get to me like I did before. Because I've accepted that (unfortunately for them) that's just how they are as people. Don't be sad for me, be sad for them. It's selfish and not very charming and I know myself well enough to know that I'm not like that at all. 10 points to Nina.

And then school started. I was nervous about coming back, I don't really know why. Maybe I thought that somehow by not being there these past few weeks because of vacation, everybody would forget me and go back to there friends. I was pleasantly surprised as people were as nice as always. Maëlys invited me to Paris with her - how sweet is this girl? To invite me; an exchange student whom she'd only known a month to go to Paris with her. I actually think she is the nicest person I've ever met. She has such a pure heart and I'm jealous, really, of her ability to be so positive.

And now we are on the other side. Of new years that is. Not that it feels incredibly different from year 2012, but it's the time for start-overs. I'm going out with Maëlys and Lou next friday and I'm going to a spa with Willa next wednesday. And maybe I'm going to Paris this weekend? Life.

It feels nice. Something to do, some context in my before-oh-so "routined" life. I have friends.
My french is good. Really, really good. I'm very proud of myself. I'm trilingual! The thing is, though, that I'm proud of what I've achieved, but I can't really feel the "power" of speaking three languages yet. It doesn't feel great, it just feels natural - which is okay, I guess. I didn't expect it to come with a superhero feeling in that package deal. Hah.

Follow me on Instagram by the way - I upload many pictures from my life in France: ninapratt.

If I'm not going to Paris, I HOPE I AM, I will update friday. Bisous until then.


No comments: